Magento websites speed has direct influence on the sales conversion rates and SEO and Usability. We all know that, the customers are not patient, but did you know how truly impatient it is?! A few second delays may make your loyal client never come back again!
Let’s have a look at some facts:
• Gomez and Equation Research states that up to 75% of the customers admit that they would go to your competitor’s website, when peak traffic causes slow website performance.
• Forrester Research has shown that the majority of the customers expect a page loading time of maximum 2 seconds; if this is not how your Magento website functions, then up to 50% of visitors will leave the page.
• Aberdeen Research proved that a delay in one second leads to the decrease in conversions by 7%.
Obviously, if a customer cannot find what he look for, he will leave and find other product/service as soon as possible. In some real shops customers have to wait for up to 15 minutes in a line, the maximum waiting time of every 4th online shopper is as little as 2,5 seconds and with time their patience levels are decreasing even more.
According to Google research, the number of searches is reduced by 8 million per day for every 4/10th of a second that your search results are slowed.
80% of the online shoppers who came across your “low-speed website” are, most likely, not coming back anytime soon. As we have already stated, seconds do matter and as little as 1 second delay can decrease your customer satisfaction by 16%.
Have a look at the relationship between page loading time and conversion rate:
So, what is it exactly that is so affected by the speed of the website
• Whatever it is that attracted your customers, they traveled a certain path to get to your Magento site and shortening that travel even by milliseconds can increase your conversion rate dramatically!
• The page load speed on your website greatly affects the customer behavior at your e-Commerce and business accordingly. If the page loads too slowly, then you should know that majority of the visitors will just close the page and go to your competitors.
• On the contrary, a fast website will immediately induce the visitors into everything that you have to offer. A research has show that one out of every 5 visitors is not buying anything if the page with the shopping bag loads too long. Cutting that time by 1 second can increase the conversion rate by as much as 0,04% and for a normal online store that means more than twice the sales!
Remember, the competition is vital! Compare your page load time to that of your competitor’s; if you have an advantage of 250 milliseconds, congratulations, your customer is, most definitely, not going anywhere.
• An interface with the reacting speed of 0,1 second is perceived as an immediate and natural response to the human eye. Usually, the problem with perception is that loading time for the customer seems 15% longer than it actually is.
• A delay of one second is enough to interrupt the free flow of visitor’s thoughts, even if he is expecting a certain holdup. A 10 second glitch is already critical, as such a long wait leads to customers being distracted from the interface in search of something more interesting and productive thing to do while loading.
• Search Engines pay extreme attention to the page load speed during optimization, because they feel the reliance of the users for the quality of their search.
• By displaying fast websites ahead of the slow ones, search engines are performing their main task, increasing the visitor satisfaction with the provided results. Thus, it is really difficult to overestimate the influence of the speed of the online store on the conversion and therefore its success.
If this is the question that you are asking yourself after being shocked by all the numbers and figures mentioned above than here is what we suggest:
Magento extension will help you solve all of these problems with ease. Your Magento website will reduces the load on the server and database and improves the ranking in search engines.
More facts form major companies that provide us with rather essential figures!
Major Ecommerce websites, like Google, Facebook, Bing, etc know exactly how important the website performance is and they share the results of their studies and experiments.
In 2012 Google showed that increasing search results from 10 to 30 resulted in decreasing revenue and traffic by 20%; the reason is that the page took half a second longer to load.
Another the recent studies by Walmart demonstrated that the conversion can be increased by 2% per every second of website speed improvement.
Here is a more detailed relationship between page load time and conversion rates:
As for the research conducted by Amazon, in 2011, it showed that the sales will be decreased by 1% for every 100 milliseconds delay on the website. This means that Amazon will lose 10% of revenue for every second of latency!
Similar studies have been conducted by Facebook and Bing and the conclusion was the same: fractions of second can have enormous impact on large websites and their conversion rates.
Due to the fact that the digital marketers overlook the importance of the website speed and its performance, many potentially great websites have failed simply. They focus all their attention on content, aesthetics, social media and other details while completely ignoring one of the most significant aspects.
Thus, make your Magento website the fastest on the market with Full Page Cache extension that helps you to generate sales significantly.