Choosing an e-commerce platform can be extremely head-stroked, as there are plenty of those are available on the market. When selecting an e-commerce platform for your online store, you need to consider a lot of factors. To name a few: your site is distinguished or colorful, the platform that’s used can be applied if changes are made, or even the price that is compatible to your pocket… No matter how many things you can foresee and pre-plan, if you choose the wrong platform, your store will be completely destroyed.
E-commerce platform theme example: Supro minimal magento 2 theme
Therefore, we would like to give some recommendations on how to choose the best e-commerce platform that fits for your online store.
1. Make some research about the successful online stores
When building your online store, you should look for the CMS platform that the pre-flourished site used for. The research mainly applies for 2 tasks: running through a CMS checker and asking the owner of the store. It’s often as simple as running a store URL through a CMS checker. However, when the system can’t detect the CMS being used, you can always send the site owner an email to ask about it. There won’t be any particular reason for them to lie about it. If they’re willing to answer your questions, you can find out why they chose the system they use. The reasons might be applicable to your situation.
Another way to check the ecommerce platform is by viewing the source code in their browser. Here’s the way: Using right mouse click, choose View Source Code (or using this key binding: Ctrl + U), and it should be, for example, “Magento” as below:
Research about e-commerce platform: Magento
2. Put seamless, minimal yet powerful experience as one of the first priorities
Seamless, powerful experience that a good e-commerce platform can provide
The experience of customers depends on the e-commerce platform that your online store use. Believe us, no one may be willing to explore a website overloaded with information, even the power that this site can bring. On the other hand, customers may get bored when they visit such too basic online store. Therefore, the best option is that the e-commerce platform that supports your site must bring a seamless, yet powerful experience to the customer. By only including important factors on the webpage and boosting the performance on sale, your online store may flourish in its own way. To sum up, the more balance is the website, the higher conversion rates become.
3. Your team must get the hang of the e-commerce platform
Backend e-commerce platform handling capacity
It’s undoubted the interface that an e-commerce platform may support your site is important. However, the backend is also a situation to concern for your development team. Choosing the most easy-to-use methods of handling everyday tasks is the optimal solution that will make your site run smoothly. To be more specific, when it comes to customer support, the level of support depends on the scale of your team. Moreover, the changes that are made must be clear so that your team can keep up with your online store. If your team gets too overloaded, this will lead to the problem in site-maintaining. A system full of gaps and errors can cause a downward trend of selling rates, eventually.
4. Read inspirational blogs, reviews and stories of predecessors
It’s always important to read the reviews of an e-commerce platform that one particular online store use. However, many elements of user experience are subjective. For instance, an interface that works perfectly for you might seem barely unusable for someone else. When you go through reviews for ecommerce platforms, there are a couple of things you should keep in mind:
Review the e-commerce platform that support your online store
- Firstly, looking for sites that have one or more similar objectives. And the best option for researching is going and skimming over reviews, blogs, stories, etc.
- Secondly, looking for all types of reviews: positive, negative, even indifferent is also of great importance. Remember: If the reviews, posts, blogs… have no negative features on then these writings can’t be trusted.
5. Specify, optimize and foresee the site’s e-commerce platform
When choosing an e-commerce platform that is compatible to your store, consider these things:
Optimize, specify and predict the e-commerce platform that supports online store
- Through the chosen e-commerce platform, the purpose of this website must be clear and feasible. If the online store keeps beating about the bush, the conversion rates will inevitably drop down.
- The website must be fully optimized for satisfying the need of customers. It’s of reality that mobile devices are taking over in multiple subjects and methods. Therefore, the website must be optimized, or else this will result in the no-turning-back-visitor situation.
- Don’t be shortsighted. Your e-commerce platform having a clear, detailed plans for the future is a must. Make sure the platform can grow with your business without putting a hole in your pocket.
6. Trials and learns
E-commerce platform trials and learns
An e-commerce platform may result in different outcomes, so you should try the chosen platform by using free trials that the platform may offer. This is because the e-commerce platform providers invariably offer free trials of their paid services – 30 days being the standard. Nevertheless, you should consider how your choice is going to affect your business for the next few years. Doesn’t it justify a month of testing? By the end of it, you’ll likely know exactly which ecommerce platform you want to use and be able to proceed with confidence. In short, you should think about the solutions, even problems may occur or not. Also, learning from the faults and errors is also a considered solution.
While it’s important to choose the best ecommerce platform for your online store, there are platforms that we personally prefer. One e-commerce platform we want to recommend: Magento. This e-commerce platform has tons of benefits, to name a few:
- Firstly, It’s free (for the Community edition)
- Being an open-source platform, you can control the design and development completely.
- The core code is updated regularly, so your site can continuously keep up with the upcoming trend.
- Finally, it is effortless to integrate with a custom design or downloaded skin.
Magento – e-commerce platform recommended
The only drawback that Magento may encounter is that the cost and usage for hosting is quite a challenge, because of the specific creation that boost up the cost and hardly customize PHP modules. As a Magento user, you may find yourself frequently consulting the Internet for help. However, this e-commerce platform is always considered to be a must-try platform. This fits best with business, or experienced CEO, but beginners can also try and learn from this e-commerce platform.
By following these steps, the “choosing platform” phase for optimizing your e-commerce website will be much easier. Since you know your business idea better than anyone else does, it’s easier for you to compare the solutions based on the offered features. But remember, it all comes down to your business requirements, future outlook, technical knowledge, and integrations. In Mage Solution, we offer a lot of different themes and extensions that fit a lot of e-commerce platforms, especially Magento. We want to provide the best Magento solutions for customers and help the customer’s business to grow steadily and considerably. Find out our themes and extensions here: MageSolution