The best overall e-commerce website design is awarded to the online stores that succeed in generating a great customer experience through branding consistency, responsive designs and friendly UX, and a simple checkout process. If you need some examples for inspiration, here are the stunning eCommerce website examples to spark some ideas.
Latest Update: We’ve just released the version 2.0 of Claue Multipurpose Magento 2 Theme, with with a bunch of performance improvements and exclusive features. Check this theme out now: Claue Magento Theme 2. 0
Especially, we complemented the bundle for Free with One step Checkout Extension M2, the extension allows customers to checkout in one step! Check out new features:
- Being based on Luma theme.
- Free with smart One step Checkout (Save more than $200)
- Meet all standards of Magento Theme
- Significant performance improvement
- Compatible with most third-party extensions.
- Fully compatible with Magento 2.4.x
This second advanced version completely differentiates from its previous one. Thus, if you are using Claue version 1 and want to update to Claue version 2, you can only rebuild a new website no rather than updating from the old version. Now, let’s get back the main topic.
What makes a good e-commerce website design?
Effective eCommerce web designs are all about using the right colors, fonts, images, words, and graphics to convince users to make a purchase. Your website design should attract potential customers, offers a eat user experience, and showcase your online store in the best light. Here are the useful eCommerce web design tips to help you take your webshop to the next level:
- Keep it simple: Keep your website design clear, clean, and simple, and keep the focus on the sale.
- Make branding a priority: When it comes to shopping online, users want to purchase from established brands—not faceless e-commerce websites that look like a front for trying to steal your credit card information.
- Think like a website visitor: During the design process, put yourself in your customers’ shoes. What kind of layout is going to be convenient for users to navigate? How can you organize your items in a way that makes sense for the end-customers? How can you simplify the checkout process?
- Use color to your advantage: Different colors can inspire various feelings, emotions, and actions from people—so, if you want your e-commerce website design to convert, you need to use those color inspirations to your advantage.
- Use high-quality images: No one is going to purchase a product sight unseen. If you want people to purchase your products, make sure that you show them what they’re buying via high-quality product images.
- Make your content scannable: The easier to scan your content, the more likely your users will understand your key messaging—and the more likely you’ll be able to make a sale.
- Use social proof: When you’re designing your eCommerce website, look for ways to show your potential customers the positive feedback you’ve gotten from your satisfied customers
- Make categories easy to navigate: Make your product categories and product pages effortless to navigate. Make it easy for your visitors to look for products and to filter items by things like color, size, or product type. The easier you make your categories and pages to navigate, the easier it will be for your users to find what they’re looking for
- Make checkout a breeze: If your checkout process is a pain in the you-know-what, you’re going to lose potential customers. You need to make the process of buying as simple, straightforward, and pain-free as possible.
- Make it easy for customers to reach customer support. When putting together your website, use a website chat plugin to connect with the visistor in real-time. If someone has a question about shipping rates, deliveries, or general product information, they can reach out to you and provide an answer in minutes.
- Use the best eCommerce platform for your online store. When using a platform like Magento, you can set up a beautiful website with powerful eCommerce features and sell online quickly. You can select from a range of eCommerce website themes that provides the functionality to create your own website
Stunning examples for your online store in 2021
For a little inspiration when building your eCommerce website, explore the best eCommerce websites design listed under the categories below:
Amazon is a great example of how an eCommerce design should look like — its user-friendly website design makes it easy for visitors to search for what they need. To speed up the shopping experience, users can use the in-site search engine to look for their desired products. The multiple filtering options also help to show the most relevant items.
Despite having millions of items in its marketplace, Amazon does an amazing job of simplifying its interface. For example, all the product categories are hidden in the sidebar hamburger menu. In this way, the visitor won’t feel overwhelmed by the abundance of options, making the website simple to navigate
Walmart’s recent refresh of its long-time eCommerce website applies best practices such as a king-sized image slider with fascinating hero shots, location-specific deals linked to your IP address, and data-driven product categories that change based on your requirements. Looking throughout the website, you can see all kinds of ways the brand has adapted to this challenge.
Apple’s e-commerce website design is all about highlighting its high-quality products. Unlike most websites, its product pages read like a landing page, with exclusive selling propositions, social proof, key benefits, and so on.
The website also showcases why minimal design isn’t just aesthetically pleasing, but also helpful for drawing customers’ attention. With a plain background and plenty of white space, shoppers won’t be distracted from the large, close-up product images.
KETNIPZ is an Instagram comic turned brand empire developed by Harry Hambley. You can view Bean, the main character, on murals around the world, throughout social media, and even tattooed on the bodies of fans. KETNIPZ’s e-commerce website design demonstrates Bean’s quirky personality, with bright colors, exclusive fonts, and seasonal updates to align product launches with upcoming holidays.
5. Forever 21
Forever 21 is a popular clothing website among teens and young adults, and they manage a trendy site that continues to attract their potential customers. They have clear sections that support segmenting their prospects and users so they can search exactly what they need without searching their whole website for it.
Their current sales are showcased below their main navigation bar with a countdown to offer the customers a sense of urgency so they will be more likely to purchase the first time they visit. Besides, Another element that Forever 21 gets right on their website is styling it for the new season by showing images of popular clothing items for the season.
This e-commerce website design is channeling their fun energy through their website design. With bright colors, it brings a very cheerful feeling. Besides, the website has done a great job with the photography. The big photos on their homepage set the feeling of how the rest of the website design looks like.
This e-commerce website design shows how to use bright colors to generate an attractive web design, without distracting users from the most essential information. To keep readability, the site uses black for the text. Moreover, there’s a good amount of white space to keep the balance out the abundance of colors.
The Paper Cub Co. keeps it simple on its eCommerce site with a design that’s clear, simple, and showcáe its items in the best light. Eye-popping colors and funny photography showcase The Paper Cub’s brand and keep you excited in browsing its bestseller thank you cards, checklists, postcards, and more.
9. Nike’s Bold Imagery Draws Users In
Nike provides thousands of athletic products online. In a single image, they’ve summed up that their products are exclusive and diverse, support physical fitness, and exude a confident, sexy vibe. This message, framed within responsive web design, is the sum result of using their products in your life.
And, they aren’t waiting for you to order a product — they’re converting the website users into Nike+ App downloads, making sure an ongoing connection with their target shoppers
With a table full of rustic bread, crunchy granola, tea, orange juice, and other neatly ordered food and utensils, you’re going to feel hungry immediately landing on this e-commerce website design. Their website offers food storage kits, as well as individual ingredients like spices, flours, and oils among other culinary goodies.
Product photography matters. Maintenance puts on display superb product images of all that they carry with attention to the details.
With mouth-watering visuals, clear product categories, and an intelligent user interface, L’intendance comes with an eCommerce experience that will inspire you to step up your own cooking skills.
Where to Find Effective eCommerce Themes With a Great Design
When looking for an eCommerce website theme, you should keep an eye out for some crucial features to make sure you’re delivering the best possible experience to your users.
- A responsive and mobile-friendly design.
- A template that allows for featured product images.
- A cart that automatically updates.
- Customizable design options.
- Product variation functions
- Customer support included.
You can find all of these features packed into our eCommerce website templates on Themeforest. Don’t forget to contact Arrowhitech to help build your own brand, and make a memorable experience for your customers.