A captcha form can distinguish between a bot and a real user and divert spam emails away from your inbox. This involves using a small test such as identifying letters, performing basic calculations or choosing images that match a description. Usually, this pops up after you try to submit an online contact form. If you pass the test successfully, your email will be received by the business you are trying to contact.
Google Recaptcha introduction
It’s thought that as many as 200 million captcha tests are completed online in Google Recaptcha every day. If you’ve not got a captcha test on your own website, here’s everything you need to know about them and how they can benefit your business or blog.
1. What is Google Recaptcha?
What is Google Recaptcha?
Google Recaptcha is a free service that protects your website from spam and abuse. This service uses an advanced risk analysis engine and adaptive challenges to keep automated software from engaging in abusive activities on your site. It does this while letting your valid users pass through with ease. In other words, Google Recaptcha is a tool that helps to distinguish a human user from a computer user online. Captcha tests are often added to websites to stop them from receiving spam.
2. What does Google Recaptcha look like?
Google Recaptcha’s visual
Google Recaptcha recognizes that people can sometimes feel like they’re wasting their time filling in a captcha form. So, when a user arrives at a web page, Google Recaptcha analyses the behavior of that user to see how human-like it is. If the service deems the behavior to be pretty life-like, it won’t serve up a complete captcha test. It will only ask the user to tick a box to confirm ‘I am not a robot’. If there’s anything robotic about the way the user interacts with a page, however, they’ll be asked to solve a more complicated captcha test.
3. How do captcha tests work?
Google Recaptcha interface working sample
At present, computer programs lack the sophistication that humans have when it comes to processing visual data. Human minds are hard-wired to pick up on patterns in everything they see. People often see patterns where they are none – such as a face in the moon or the outline of Elvis on a burnt bit of toast. This phenomenon is called pareidolia. Computers, meanwhile, can be programmed to recognize letters and numbers. However, they stop recognizing them when they are obscured or distorted too much.
4. What are the benefits of Google Recaptcha?
Installing captcha software on your website poses many benefits. As mentioned previously, it can prevent your inbox from filling up with pointless or even offensive spam emails from bots. This reduces the risk of false leads. Additionally, it can prevent hackers from continuously trying passwords to gain access to accounts. Also, Google Recaptcha reduces potential user’s error when entering a series of letters and numbers, and encourages cart conversion without adding hurdles during checkout. Overall, using Google Recaptcha makes your business more secure and the emails you receive better quality. Essentially captchas deter hackers from abusing online services because they block robot software from submitting fake or nefarious online requests.
To be more specific, Google Recaptcha can:
- Protect the integrity of online polls by stopping hackers using robots to send in repeated false responses.
- Stop brute force attacks on online accounts in which hackers repeatedly try to log-in using hundreds of different passwords.
- Prevent hackers from signing up for multiple email accounts that they’ll then go on to use for nefarious purposes.
- Stop cybercriminals spamming blogs or news content pages with dodgy comments and links to other websites.
- Prevent ticket touts from using robots to bulk buy tickets for shows and gigs.
- Make online shopping more secure.
We – MageSolution has released Google reCAPTCHA for Magento 2 extension, coming with a lot of features for users to config at the backend:
- Disable/Enable in backend
- Can add reCaptcha to any form on front-end
- Two types of reCaptcha: “Invisible Captcha” and “I’m not robot”
- Supported for multiple languages
- Option for light theme and dark theme
- Option to add reCaptcha for Guest only
- Add Whitelist Ips to disable reCaptcha
For more information, you should check it out at: Google reCAPTCHA for Magento 2
By having a lot of great features, Google Recaptcha remains a wildly popular method of protection for websites. This is definitely not the only defense you can implement, but being one of the simplest and most efficient. We – MageSolution offers Google reCAPTCHA for Magento 2, which adds Google reCaptcha to any form on your website as well as lets you protect your store from spam and frauds. For more information, you should check it out at: Google reCAPTCHA for Magento 2. If you want to know more about us, you can check out our portfolio here: Themeforest – ArrowHiTech or our main website: MageSolution