Magento 2 Features: Key Functionality
Magento 2’s newest version has become even faster, safer and better. It has got abundant functional fixes, performance enhancements and quite a load of security updates. There are two editions for each version, including Magento 2 Open Source (once-called Magento 2 Community Edition) and Magento 2 Commerce (once-called Magento 2 Enterprise Edition).
The Commerce is the advanced edition of the Open Source that you have to pay around $22,000 – $125,000 per year. However, whichever you select, you can get the most out of the following shared Magento 2 features.
1. Magento 2 Features for Content Management
Magento is one of the most advanced CMS platforms. It is equipped with a powerful Content Management System to generate the rich contents including CMS pages, widgets, as well as CMS blocks.
- Magento 2 Widgets allows you to stick any catalog link, product list or create content throughout the Magento 2 website, not only to enhance frontend display but to boost sales also. There are 9 widget kinds available: CMS Page Link, CMS Static Block, Catalog Category Link, Catalog New Product List, Catalog Product Link, Catalog Products List, Order, and Returns, Recently Compared Products, and Recently Viewed Products. Which to choose will determine the type of content and location to showcase
- Magento 2 CMS Blocks: Similar to CMS Pages, you can utilize WYSIWYG editor to create Magento 2 content blocks. However, CMS Pages is located independently while blocks can only be added to almost anywhere on-website using the widget.
- Magento 2 Design and Themes: Fully customizable design and themes are great Magento 2 features. Along with the default themes and layouts, feel free to update the new design to CMS pages, widgets, blocks, or even product pages and category pages as wanted.
2. Magento 2 Features for Marketing & SEO
Magento 2 offers the out-of-box marketing tools right at your fingertips.
- Promotions: With Magento 2 features, your promotion campaigns are easily performed by defining flexible conditions for Catalog Price Rules and Cart Price Rules.
- Email Marketing: In Magento 2, all types of email sent to shoppers can be customized with email templates; brand logo; and comprehensive content. Besides, Magento 2 offers an intelligent space to manage all subscribers and set up to regularly send them newsletters.
- Besides, Magento 2 allow to take customer reviews in User Content, dot mailers involved in Marketing Automation, and social Facebook connector in Social into consideration to make the most out of Magento 2 features.
- SEO & Search: Magento 2 features comes with various SEO best practices, such as URL Rewrites, Metadata, Site Map, Catalog Navigation, and many more. Moreover, when it comes to search capabilities, Magento 2 features satisfy users with smart search engines.
- Catalog Navigation: navigation, layered navigation, breadcrumb trail, product listing, and pagination controls.
- Catalog Search: instant search box, search results page, advanced search page, and a weighted search.
- Search Terms: common search terms, adding search terms, and search terms report.
3. Magento 2 Features for Analytics and Reporting
- Reporting is an important part to keep a close track of the website operation. As can be seen from the Reports Menu, the admin can get updated data on Marketing efforts, sales performance, product statistics, and customer activities.
- Google Universal Analytics supported by Google Analytics tool is a great Magento 2 feature you must check to have insight into your business to take the right actions to succeed
4. Magento 2 Features for Customer Account & Customer Service
Magento Open Source offers amazing features to make it user-friendly and provide the important functionality:
- Generate customer accounts that support a lot of features, including the feature to view the status and history of orders, recently purchased items, etc.
- Enable to add default delivery addresses and to save an unlimited number of addresses
- Manage newsletter subscriptions and generate shareable wish lists
- Browse submitted product and service reviews, and offer the Contact Us form
- Adjust and send emails for order status, account updates, password changes, and other service emails
5. Magento 2 features for Cart & Checkout
When customer add products to cart, they are very closer to the final buying decision. Hence, it is very important to provide a smooth and customer-friendly experience to minimize the cart abandonment rate.
- Informative Shopping Cart Page: Magento 2 assists this feature well with mini cart and shopping cart page – where shoppers can check all added items before proceeding to checkout. Besides, the cart page is the great place to showcase the cross-sell list to boost the last items.
- Integrated Checkout Process: Compared to Magento 1, the checkout process has become much easier with a smooth display in 2 steps: Shipping and Review & Payments.
- Payment: Both Magento 2 Open Source and Magento 2 Enterprise assists a wide range of payment methods from offline to online such as COD, Check/Money Order, Bank Transfer, Purchase Order, PayPal, Braintree, etc. Besides, Magento 2 features help customers and merchants to pay and receive the payment at their convenience and safety.
- Magento 2 also comes with a smart space called Magento Marketplace to search and integrate other trustworthy payment gateways as wanted.
- Shipping: Rather than offer a single shipping method for all over, online websites that provides a variety of shipping methods will have a higher conversion rate.
- With the Magento 2 features, retailers can easily use the basic shipping methods such as free shipping, table rates, flat rate, or dimensional weight. In some cases, you integrate with one or many supported carriers, say UPS, FedEx, DHL, you even do not need to bother the shipping rate information since it is automatically downloaded based on your settings and user’ choice.
6. Magento 2 Features for Store Management
Magento 2 Open Source comes with a user-friendly admin panel designed for easy site management. Here is everything it allows you to do:
- Create and manage multiple eCommerce websites from a single admin panel
- Set up the roles, assign administrators, and grant permissions to various features
- Get access to the content management system that allow you to build website pages, content blocks, etc.
- Set up support for multiple currencies, languages, and shipping methods
- Full tax rate management relying on location, kind of items, wholesale or retail selling, etc.
- Integration with third-party services and technologies with APIs
- Import and export of product data and shoppers information in balk
- CAPTCHA protection from brute-force attacks
7. Magento 2 Features for International eCommerce
This set of Magento 2 Open Source features is especially important for sellers who work in the international arena:
- Support for multiple languages, currencies and local tax rates, right to left text, accented characters, automatic product translation in French, German, Spanish, Dutch, Portuguese, and Chinese
- Predefine shoppers from which users can register with your store, order, and pay for purchases
- Enable for fixed products taxes like DEEE/WEEE, VAT-ID 2, etc.
- Allow to use cookie notification to comply with local laws
8. Magento 2 features for Catalog Management
With the help of Magento 2 rich catalog functions, retailers can easily control over categories, products, inventory, price, images, and videos, etc.
- Product: Magento 2 assists up to 6 product types under flexible product workspace. Each of them is built-in-logic to fit with specific merchandises using dynamic attributes – the backbones of Magento’s other functions. Whether there are thousands of products, the management is still smooth with a smart filter tool.
- Category: All created products can be organized into different categories. That way, visitors will find it easy to navigate around the website and finally drive to purchase decisions.
- Catalog Browsing: These Magento 2 features allows customers with a faster and happier shopping experience. Your customers can browse throughout categories with the smart search engine using the search box, layered navigation, breadcrumb, attribute search weight, advanced search. Besides, retailers can restrict specific categories and items visibly to customer groups for better-targeted marketing actions.
- Product Browsing: Products in stores are well-displayed with full information for shoppers to browse: multiple images per product; stock indication; regular price & advanced prices (special price, tier price, price range, etc.); “Add to Compare” and “Add to Wishlist” options; show product rating and reviews.
9. Magento 2 Features for Mobile Commerce
Magento 2 features will help your online store fully equipped to meet all the challenges for booming in Mobile commerce
- Build a responsive design
- Build an eCommerce website that is optimized for any device
- Enjoy the advantages of better Google ranking and its preference for mobile-optimized sites first
- Send responsive email and newsletters, which customers can read on any device
If you are still struggling with old versions of Magento 2, it’s time to get updated for your website. Magesolution have such a huge experience of Magento and Magento 2 you can hire Magento 2 developer from Magesolution for your development. Besides, you also improve your Magento 2 Open Source with Magento 2 extensions having similar functionalities with Magento 2 Commerce features.