Running a cooking blog likely means you’ll need to display recipes and other related information on a regular basis. However, even if you provide outstanding instructions, your stellar creation may go unnoticed without a little style. In this article, we’re going to talk about how to create recipe websites that work best for your purpose. With some elbow grease upfront, you can build a really great asset for the financial future of your site. Let’s get started!
1. Get an awesome domain name
Choosing a domain name for your recipe websites
You’re probably familiar with domain names. A domain name is simply the address you type into your browser to visit a site. What you may not know is that finding available domain names is incredibly challenging. This is one of the reasons why hundreds of generic top-level domains were added last year. For instance, you can get domains that end in .academy or .blog instead of .com. However, getting a domain like .com, .net is always more preferable to Google, because others like .blog can be considered as spam. So, in order to create successful recipe websites, choosing domains is of the first importance.
2. Get hosting for recipe websites
Get hosting for recipe websites
Most companies, and certain blogs, simply rent space on someone else’s server so that their recipe websites load when people visit it. This is called “hosting.” In order to get a working website online, you need to get a host. While hosting will be your biggest expense, there will be no way around it. You need space on someone’s server. The good news is that hosting is an extremely competitive market, so there are affordable options. All in all, choosing a good web hosting company is still critical for your website. So affordable must go with the appropriate quality of your recipe websites.
3. Install a WordPress theme
Arangi – a WordPress theme sample of food & recipe websites
In this case, the theme you select is also going to add a ton of functionality to help you build amazing recipe websites. However, choose the theme wisely and appropriate, because this will decide whether your recipe websites will be successful or not. If you can’t find a free theme or want to buy a higher quality premium theme, you can certainly shop around – there are thousands of them. We recommend visiting our portfolio on Themeforest – ArrowHiTech portfolio. We have released lots of different themes that can be compatible to your e-business. For more information, you should click here: ArrowHiTech – Themeforest
4. Add plugins & functionalities
Plugins and functionalities add-ons
Plugins are basically little snippets of pre-crafted code that increase the functionality of your site. This is ultimately up to your taste and goals, but most food blogs have some functionality that you should add using plugins. If/when you want to sell products from your website – you should use the WooCommerce plugin. It will allow you to sell physical products (like cookbooks or ingredients) or virtual products via your recipe websites. It completely integrates with WordPress so that you don’t have to go with any complicated 3rd party solution. With your WordPress site online and a new theme installed, you’re nearly done with the initial setup work.
5. Launch your recipe websites
Launch your recipe websites with configurations
It doesn’t matter if you’ve never created a website before. There are more tools than ever before to make a site, and you don’t even need to write a single line of code. Better still, there are some outstanding site building tools you can use to build a simple food blog or complex and feature-rich recipe directory. To be more specific, this is the steps to finalize your recipe websites:
- Configure the plugin: Configure the plugin enough to be compatible with your business, since we all want to designate a page as the ‘recipe library’. Once inside a new post, you are simply going to click on the “Add a Block” button to add a new block to your post. Once the block has been added, you have two options. You can create a new recipe or add an existing one from the database management system we talked about. For this, click on the “Create New Recipe” button. Just add all the data you wish and build the recipe out according to your needs. Now go ahead and click on the “Save” button. That’s it! Publish your post and you will have a new recipe laid out within the post according to how you built it.
- Set up categories for your recipe websites: Depending on how many recipes you plan on adding to your site, you’ll probably want to set up separate groups for them. Even if you’re just starting out, adding a category or two doesn’t hurt, and it’ll make it easier for visitors to look through your library. The process here is very straightforward. Just pick a name and a slug for your new addition, then choose a parent category if necessary. For example, if you want to add a category for pasta dishes, you could set Italian as its parent (which means you’d need to create that one first).
- Create your first on recipe websites: First off, set the name for your recipe, then scroll down to the main body of the editor. You’re going to see multiple shortcodes here, each one representing a different element of your recipes. Next, click on the Ingredients tab. Inside, you’ll be able to add each of your recipe’s ingredients, specifying amounts and measurements for each of them.
- Style your cooked recipes: All in all, our recipe is already looking pretty good, but it can still get better. Let’s try adding its nutritional information to our sidebar (that way, it won’t crowd the rest of the recipe’s elements) and you can keep customizing yours by playing around with the shortcode system.
Adding stylish recipes is a great way to engage more users. Using captivating images, displaying nutritional information, and offering detailed instructions can lead visitors to pay more attention and stay on the recipe websites for longer. This is something you can do without a plugin, but using the right one can save you a lot of time. We – MageSolution offers a lot of themes and extensions that can be compatible with the purposes of your e-commerce store. For more information, you should check it out at: MageSolution