Social login is a single sign-on for end users. Using existing login information from a social network provider like Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, the user can sign into a third-party website instead of generating a new account specifically for that website. This simplifies registrations and logins for end users.
In the default Magento 2, customers can log in via a form combining email and password when they visit your website and click the Sign in button. However, the users are redirected to another page to finish their account information. Therefore, it is always more time-consuming and complex when customers have to take a lot of steps before making a purchase. To handle these issues, Magento extension providers bring a lot of Magento 2 Social Login Extensions to optimize this process for more convenience by logging in via available social channels.
1. Benefits of social login in eCommerce
- A simple method for users to log in a website: This way helps users to allow user access faster than traditional sign-up ways. It is a time-saver for people who get turned off by having to spend a lot of time inputting their personal data.
- Great for the targeted marketing campaign: When you know exactly what shoppers types, you can create proper sale marketings.
- Email is verified: The social network provider is in charge of verifying the user’s email. If the provider shares this information you will have a real email address Additionally, the providers will solve the password recovery process.
- Access richer user profiles: Social network providers can give you additional information about users, such as location, interests, birthday, and more. Using this data, you can target personalized content to the user.
- Updated profiles: Customers do not tend to keep their up-to-dated profiles on most websites they visit, but they do it in social networks. Therefore, using Social Login make sure that you have accurate information about your visitors
- One-click return experience: After visitor register in your website using Social Login, their return experience will be very easy, as they will probably be logged into the social network, and just one click will be enough to log in to your website
- Increase registrations: As you know, about 86 percent of users report being bothered by having to generate new accounts on websites. So, providing Social Login to your website will increase the number of registrations to your website.
2. Best practices for social login
- Choosing the right networks: The primary social login best practice would be to implement the widely used social networks. For example, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Choose the right format: If it is not visible on the first look, the social login would not make much impact. So the first thing to perform is to make it clear and easily visible.
- Place it on multiple pages: For best results, place social login on the login page, registration page, and checkout page. If it doesn’t show at the checkout page, it can restrict the checkout experience suddenly. You would certainly not like to see that happen.
- Ask for permission: Though when the visitors click on the social login button, it means he or she wants to utilize that platform to sign-up, asking for the user’s permission is ideally regarded as more professional.
- Avoid duplicate accounts: When customers pay a visit to your store after a long time, they often forget how they registered on your online store originally. You need to encourage customers to continue with the same login option by informing users that they have been registered before.
- Perfect position: Make sure each login option has enough space from the other and they catch the visitors’ eyes at once. The sign-up page should not look cluttered. It should be presented neatly.
3. Top 5 social login extensions Magento 2
If you want to add the social login options on your Magento 2 website, take a look at the top below social login for Magento 2:
1. Social Login for Magento 2 by Amasty – $199
This Magento extension helps to increase the number of registrations on your website, improve customers’ shopping experience, and collect consumers’ data just in one click.
- Login with Apple ID via add-on
- AJAX pop-up for the login/register purpose
- AJAX login pop-up on the cart and checkout pages
- Supports Twitter, Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Instagram, Amazon, PayPal, Twitch
- Included reCAPTCHA
2. Social Login by Aheadworks – $249
With Social Login for Magento 2, you can enable a simple yet robust social login features on your website. This Magento 2 extension offers instant authorization via social accounts. Put the social login block on any pages and in any page positions as the widget.
- 9 login options, including PayPal, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc..
- Login buttons on login, registration, cart, and checkout pages.
- Put a social login block in custom page positions as a widget!
3. Social Login for Magento 2 by Mirasvit – $149
This Magento 2 extension allows your potential and existing customers to sign in or sign up quickly using social media login options. Moreover, it also helps to enhance your users’ experience and collects visitors’ data with one click.
- works with Amazon, Facebook, Google, Instagram, LinkedIn, PayPal, Twitter, Yahoo
- choose the desired place on a page to display the authorization form
- analyze the statistics of how often users use the social login option
- set the destination URL to forward to a user after authorization
- set one of the two display options – buttons or icons
4. Magento 2 Social Login Pro by Plumrocket -$179
Magento 2 Social Login Pro assists users to register and place the orders at your website in a few clicks by signing in with one of 50 social networks. This extension will greatly boost the number of registered customers as well as add Magento social share at your online store
- Provide a secure way of logging in via 50+ social networks
- Personalize User Experience along with improving your conversion rates
- Display social login buttons on various page
- Added support of Google One tap sign up and sign in
- Added support of Apple Sign In
5. Magento 2 Social Login by MAGEHIT – $59
This extension allows customers quickly to register to your Magento store using their social network account. Support 7 most popular social networks such as Facebook, G+, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, Amazon, and Linkedin. With the account in these networks, your customers can access your Magento 2 store without signing up.
- Enable users to use social networks to log in to the website
- Support 7 most common social media in the world
- Automatically create accounts for users who haven’t had registered before
- Show social buttons on anywhere